The Scholar prides itself on publishing accurate work, consistent with developments in the field and intelligently-written, in order to invoke interest from those outside of academia.
We’ re looking for a number of Peer Reviewers to assist us in publishing only the best articles. You’ll be contacted around your schedule to assess 1600-word summaries, sending us a thumbs-up or a thumbs-down, with brief comments justifying your recommendation.
Who are we looking for?
- Those holding a minimum of a postgraduate degree, preferably early career researchers
- Those looking to enhance their employability in the ‘Publish or Perish’ culture
- Those interested in opening up academic work to a wider, interdisciplinary audience
Given the interdisciplinary nature of the journal, we will publish articles stretching across the traditional boundaries of academic departments. We are seeking expertise from those in both the social sciences and the physical sciences. We will appoint several reviewers grouped into specific disciplines (e.g. applied microbiologists, medieval historians, Foreign Policy analysts), before sending you short papers for you to personally review.
To apply, we ask that you send us a CV detailing:
- Your academic experience, expertise and qualifications;
- List of any publications or journals that you are currently associated with;
- A brief summary of your current research project, including start and end dates; and
- A short statement (150 words) explaining why you are the right person to act as a reviewer for this new and exciting journal
Please send all of the above with the subject title, Reviewer Vacancy, to: