The Scholar is an independent online and open access journal, which takes the best of academic research and condenses it into a form that’s concise, focused and easy to read.
The Scholar aims to become the #1 site for opening up access to research across the UK.
By covering all disciplines at all levels of study, our site and our apps will allow those with an interest in academic developments to keep right up-to-date.
If you are a student with an .ac.uk email address you can upload a condensed version of your essay, thesis or PhD into a form that explicitly asks you to engage a non-expert audience.
All of our subscriptions are free of charge. We believe that all research should be made available to those who are interested – free of the pay-walls of academic journals.
From our launch in October, you’ll be able to go to go online or onto your mobile and instantly search for the best articles across the UK by subject, by university and by region.
The Scholar will provide:
- Intelligent and palatable articles
- The Scholar Lite – A downloadable eJournal for tablet PCs, eReaders and smartphones
- Interviews and blogs from prominent academics
- Featured universities and university departments
- Academic advice
- Downloads and guides for students, prospective students and parents